Sunday, March 31, 2013

What the hair is going on with Deana?!

This post actually has nothing to do with hair, or Deana.

One of my neighbors must run a salon out of her house. And her name must be Deana, because there is a sign in our alley that says "What the hair is going on with Deana?!"

Verbatim.

And I see it everytime I drive through the alley to park the car in our alleyway garage.

I see it so often that sometimes I've just taken to exclaiming that phrase at random times during the day. No one gets it but me, I usually get a strange look or two, or if it's Hubs he just shakes his head in a sweet-and-exasperated-my-wife-is-such-a-weirdo sort of way.

Everytime I say it I feel a little silly, because it was a stream of consciousness sort of thing that I accidentally blurted out instead of saying it in my head like a normal person. But you know what? It's not a bad saying! It's a very innocent exclamation on an event, or a day, or a person (who may or may not be named Deana). 

Now, normally I swear like a sailor. It's actually very unladylike and I am in deep trouble once I start having kids and have to, you know, not use profanity.

But maybe Deana can help me start to moderate my speech a little. A small but important daily lesson that I should probably be more conscious of what I am saying out loud.



And in return, I shall do a little free advertising for the (probably unlicensed) salon whose sign hangs on my block and entertains my garage-entry daily with a fun little sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment