Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Winter blahs

There's always a bit of seasonal anxiety for me when the weather gets colder each year. On the one hand, I love breaking out the cozy winter clothes, like fluffy sweaters and sassy boots...I also have an unhealthy obsession affinity for chunky knit scarves and hats.

On the other hand, let's keep in mind that I live in Minnesota, land of the great White North. Where it gets colder and snowier and darker than 98% of the rest of the country. This equals a good deal of winter blahs on my part.

Usually I'm not too focused on it. But events have transpired at my lab at school in the past few months, events which amount to moderate technical difficulties in the actual world, but catastrophic impediments to me graduating in grad school world.

I feel like maybe these catastrophes (or me catastrophizing) coupled with the winter blahs have amounted to me feeling less motivated and harumph-y lately.

All this is by way of explaining why I've been immensely absent from the blog-o-sphere as of recent months.

But, I've come to realize that the movie Wedding Crashers has a valuable lesson to share:


Profanity and terrible spelling aside (sorry, it was the only video that included the appropriate sound bite), let's make December the month of Rule #76.

Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion.

Henceforth, everything will be accomplished (if only for the month) like a champ!! Onward!!

I wonder if playing like a champion includes eating like one. Because over the holidays it will happen.

Hubby and I went out for date night a while back and I took an obligatory food picture because the sheer volume of food was too much to pass up:

Place: Hubby's favorite restaurant, Brasa Rotisserie.

Event: Delicious gluttony.

We purposely ordered lots of food so that we could eat leftovers for lunch. It looked a little much on the table though.

Slow roasted meats and southern-inspired sides....like a champion!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow .. that was a meal for two? Looks like you had next day lunch and dinner leftovers .. LoL Have a happy gluttonous december!! =D

    ReplyDelete