Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend with the Shin-Shins.

I think it's a good thing that the rocket-fast pace of my summer has started to mellow out recently. HOW IS IT MID-AUGUST ALREADY? Where did summer go?!

**momentary panic attack**

All better now. Anyway, this past weekend I decided it was time to put in some time with my parents, the wacky ShinKokos. I love my parents. They are very sweet and supportive in their own Asian way, and they get very delighted when Mike and I come to visit. This delight manifests in a number of ways.

Mama Shin: Over-giggling; hyperventilating about the weekend's menu; cooking enough food for 20 people and shoving it down our throats; taking us shopping and purchasing unnecessary things for us (read: fancy cooking oils from TJMaxx); running around after Mike and insisting he eat more dessert.

Papa Shin: downloading pirated movies from the internet so we can watch them; pulling us around the house to show us home improvement projects he thinks he and Mike can complete (read: Mike will complete while he manages); stockpiling soda in the basement "for the kids"; general smugness as he gets to watch ESPN in my mom's presence because "Mike likes sports too".

I think I feel about my parents generally how a lot of young adults feel about their parents. Correct me if I'm wrong. I love them dearly and really think most of their quirks are endearing and sweet, AND I can handle them for about 48 hours until endearing turns into mildly annoying. Unless they're willing to take me shopping. Then we'll move into the basement. (joking, Hubby, joking. I know you're reading this.)

I end this post with some of the funniest pictures I've ever taken of my parents, when we went to see Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in Las Vegas. I entitle this series: Wacky Asians and Wax Figurines. 

Enjoy.

P.S.: Hubby is awesome because...he will humor my parents as willingly and patiently as if they were his own. Sometimes better than I do. 
Papa the golf expert, checking the green with Tiger and Arnold.

THE BOSS!!!

Not sure what her hand is doing. But she got really excited about this picture with Ben.

Not to be outdone, Dad feels up J. Lo.

How you doin. 

I think he's just being fabulous here.


No comments:

Post a Comment