Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sweet Summer Date Night

What a glorious summer it's been here in Minnesota, everyone!

In the aftermath of the stinky heat wave we experienced, and the amount of complaining I did about it during that week of humid, hot, sweaty, outdoor sauna-ness, I came to the realization that I spend too much time getting irritated with weather conditions I have no control over.

What good does it do to complain about weather? None. Wastes my energy. So, I decided I was going to be more conscious about enjoying weather and the great things in life this summer, rather than complaining that the air conditioning wasn't cold enough like a first-world brat. :)

Tirade aside, it really was a beautiful night yesterday. Warm, and breezy, and sunny, and peaceful. Hubs and I took advantage of that and had a sweet little neighborhood date night.

Place: Hazel's Northeast and the Northeast Minneapolis neighborhood

Event: Delicious dinner and a relaxing walk-n-talk afterwards

Hazel's is one of my favorite places to eat. They're a little neighborhood cafe just two blocks from where Hubs and I live, and they do really good, homey, yet just-a-bit-fancy food there. I die for their breakfasts...but last night it was all about dinner.

Started off with a bottle of one of my FAVE drinks for the summer, an ice cold Crispin Honeycrisp hard apple cider. I had to pace myself. It's a big bottle. And yes, I did drink it all.

We started off with deep fried cajun pickle chips. Listen everyone, if you like pickles, there is no way you will not like breaded and fried pickles. These were appropriately delish.



I had a vegan black bean burger with guacamole and Hazel's melt-in-your-mouth sweet potato fries. NOM NOM NOM.

Hubby wouldn't let me take any pictures of him or his food last night. You'll have to make do with mine!


After dinner we took a relaxing stroll in the waning sunlight and enjoyed the summer breeze and each other's company. I always manage to have great, sweet, sometimes hilarious conversations with my Hubs. And that's one of the best parts of dating your husband I think.

Here's the middle school in our neighborhood. Kids riding their bikes and running around is sometimes annoying, but not on a night like this.


3 comments:

  1. ok, here I am ... sitting at work ... stomach growling ... and THEN I read your post. deep fried cajun pickle chips. I die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First world problems~ Gotta love 'em! hehehe .. hrmm .. what is hard apple cider? Alcohol? Never had it .. but I love apple cider~ and the honey crisp part sounds delicious!! haha and those pickles look so good right now!! ack .. and it's only 10am!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could aid in your morning growlies guys! Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete