Monday, June 18, 2012

Seize the moon, Sweden!

If you say "see you tomorrow" in Swedish it sounds something like "seize the moon". We got laughed at when we said it to actual Swedes, but it was certainly all in fun. :)

As was my trip to Stockholm! Sweden is eerily familiar...the landscape and culture are similar to Minnesota, and I had a blast.

We spent a lot of time in class..."Mechanisms of Pain"...at the Karolinksa Institute, but I was still able to get out and about and tool around Stockholm a bit with my fellow classmates. It was a great trip, with great people, and I have developed the beginnings of a not-so-secret desire to move there someday. Hubs reads my blog, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled with the prospect, won't you? :)

I'll deny it to my boss if you tell him, but I spent so much time drinking at pubs and going to bed late and subsequently dragging my hung-over ass out of bed for class, that I felt like I was back in college. Filled with great fun and next-morning-regret.

Anyway, I Instagrammed my way through Stockholm, so check out a smattering of pics below! I should mention lest you get too confused, that I went on a fabalas GLBT tour of Stockholm on my last night, and also made a trip to PrisXtra, Sweden's version of Super-Walmart. Hence the pictures of interesting merchandise.

You can follow me on Instagram at @shanshiegirl.

















2 comments:

  1. Cool pictures of Stockholm~ Love the last picture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Henry! I really wish I'd had more time to do more sightseeing. I'll have to make a trip back and take more pictures!

      Delete