Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Wives' Weekend in Wisconsin..

Points for alliteration in the title! *highfive*

Last weekend I road-tripped to Milwaukee, WI to see my wives. 

I should clarify...now that I'm married, I am my Hubby's Wife. But long before I had a Hubby--or had even met him, for that matter--I was also a Wife. 

Not in a fundamentalist Sister Wife sense (although I am now hooked on that TLC show...so good!), just in the sense that I have two amazing bestie girls who have been with me through thick and thin for the better part of my adult life, and we refer to each other as our "wives".


The Wifeys were each other's wives long before our actual husbands came into the picture, and it's been an adventure as each of us in turn dated, got married, and added a Husband as well as their two Wives to the picture.


Anyway, back to the point.

We live scattered across a couple of states, so a few times a year the three of us try to meet up somewhere and have a nice girls' weekend. It usually involves massages, pedicures, shopping, luxurious fine dining, and massive shenanigans of some sort or other. *muahahahahaha*

Last weekend it was in Milwaukee, and involved tapas, pedicures, a Brewers-Twins baseball game, a Brazilian Churrascaria steakhouse and subsequent meat coma, and as always happens when the wifeys congregate, a MASSIVE DANCE PARTY.





What did I tell you? Shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment