Thursday, May 31, 2012

Date night for baseball nuts!

I realized it's been quite a while since I posted anything about the Date Nights that the hubs and I have been having. Mostly because life has gotten insanely busy for us the past few weeks with traveling, errands...PLUS we started a The-Couple-Who-Works-Out-Together-Stays-Together style workout regimen.

As a result our date nights have become pretty standard and imagination-less. 

*Shhh, I bought a Groupon for a fabulous one to come...stay tuned!*

But this week, in the tradition of Summer=Baseball, Hubs and I got together with some good friends and went to a Twins baseball game.


If you are a baseball fan, I highly recommend going to Target Field, the new outdoor home of the Minnesota Twinsies. Heck yes, we did! Well, we do a lot, but this was a great game...because it was close..so close...then I thought we were going to lose. Then we won it at the last minute with a HUGE HOME RUN!!!!

Place: Target Field, downtown Minneapolis

Event: Minnesota Twins vs. the Oakland Athletics. Otherwise known as an excuse for friends to gather and drink beer on a weekday.




Note Hubby is growing a pretty mature-looking beard. Junestache approaches, and the beard-growing is in preparation for Junestache. More on Junestache to come...


Good weather, great friends = happy joint Date Night! 




Hubby chose this moment to creep into a candid photo I was attempting. Hello, creeper.


Mascot race in the 6th inning...in traditional Minnesota fashion, Babe the Blue Ox won the race. Moments after this picture, the poor bovine got tackled to the ground by an oversized mosquito.


It was a beautiful night for a Twins win!!





4 comments:

  1. we've done one professional soccer game ... it was fun but I'm not sure I would call it a success. soooo, I think it's on to baseball for us too. or maybe home with a pizza and movie? hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soccer! Hubs finds it dull though. I love baseball because you can totally get distracted but still enjoy the game while doing other things (like taking pictures for a blog)!

      Have fun on your date night! I think setting aside time to date your spouse and enjoying the night is the best, regardless of what you are doing!

      Delete
  2. I love baseball! I'm going to my first Braves game for my birthday (I've been a fan since I was 10) and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! As a sports fan I think baseball games are one of the most fun to see live.

      Delete