Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Date Night

My apologies to you peeps out there who are picture fiends. Normally my date night recaps might include photos, but last night was a special night. It was Valentine's date night...our first as a married couple!, and I got swept away with the date and abandoned my camera in the other room. Hopefully my descriptions will have to do!

Place: Our dining room, lit up with candles and set with our fancy china. Mike and I had a romantic V day dinner at home. We even dressed up! Hubby was in a tie, I was in a dress and nylons...we were both still in our house slippers...

Dinner: Roast beef tenderloin with carmelized onions and a red wine butter sauce, roasted red potatoes, and asparagus. Accompanied by a lovely Malbec and lots of mmm-mmm noises.

Sweetest moment of the night: Reading the silly little perforated-tagboard kids' valentines we'd written to each other and delivered to our DIY valentine mailboxes. Hubby gave me Transformers valentines (random) and brought me to tears with his incredibly sweet words.

Dessert: I don't bake, Hubbles can't cook, therefore dessert was an uber-rich storebought chocolate ganache cake. With pink frosting hearts.

Post-dinner, Hubby and I took the bottle of wine to the living room where we listened to classical music and sipped our wine and relaxed and talked about our days. It might sound lame, but it was great.

This lasted for about 15 minutes, then we changed into sweatpants, cleaned up our mess, and settled down with The Hunger Games for the night. Have you read these books? They are insanely addicting. Hubbles (who is NOT a reader) is plowing through the first book and I (who is a BIG reader!) am flying through book #2. Highly recommend. And I was wary at first because they are "young adult" books, and we all know what happened with Twilight. But these books are goo-ood.

Romance, candles, good food, sweatpants. What's not to love about VDay?!

P.S. Hubbles is awesome because...he is the love of my life. And I am his, according to the Transformers valentine featuring Optimus Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment