Friday, January 27, 2012

Yum Yum...spinach?!

Oh yes, spinach is a superfood (complete with tights and a cape), super high in nutrients, low in calories, can do wonders for your hair, skin, nails, and general health.

But delicious? Well I like spinach in various forms (including raw), but I'm probably in the minority. ESPECIALLY when compared to my hubby, who makes the *EW* face when I mention spinach.

I actually spend a disproportionate amount of time attempting to disguise spinach during cooking, for example inside cheesy stuffed shells *nomnom*.

But I recently found this smoothie recipe from Kristin at IowaGirlEats, and I am in love. Even the name is awesome possum!

P.S. I am working really hard at upgrading my camera and not being delinquent about uploading pics to my compy. my own pics will be up soon, just sit tight please! *tenkyoo*

Green Monster Spinach Smoothie (click to see her post)


I mean really. YUM.


slurp slurp.


So basically, all you do is add the following to a blender (my choices in the *, but fill with anything you like!):

1 ripe banana *can be frozen*
1 tablespoon peanut butter *natural creamy JIF*
1/2 cup yogurt *Chobani vanilla greek yogurt*
1 cup milk *Silk unsweetened soy milk*

Fill the rest of the blender up with fresh spinach. I'm not kidding, all the way to the top. I usually end up adding 2-3 full cups!

Blend for about 30 seconds or until everything is incorporated, then crank it to "liquefy" and let it run for another 30 seconds or so.

Pour and enjoy!!

I promise you, you can't even taste the spinach! All you taste is banana-peanut butter smoothie yummy-ness.
*Iseriouslypromise*

The final word came from Hubbles, who had been looking at me strange all week as I slurped away at this business. He caved and tried it the other day, his face lit up, and told me it tasted goo-ood. 

Angie for the win!




No comments:

Post a Comment