Friday, January 20, 2012

Yum Yum Friday

TGIF all!

Anyone who knows me can attest to my obsession with the Food Network and cooking shows in general. My girlfriends watch HGTV, but I don't own a home (yet) so I just feed my other desires. Literally.

nom nom nom.

Hubbles fears cooking--and the box grater--in a somewhat irrational matter, and I'm a better cook anyway, so Wifey stays in the kitchen and cooks, a la 1960's housewife. I even have a ruffled apron!

One of my fave fave things to do is test out new delish recipes that I find...cookbooks, cooking shows, lately it's been PINTEREST (obsessed, more on that later)...where I found this nom nom recipe!

BAKED CREAM CHEESE SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
credit to Plain Chicken, click for her post on the recipe!

ooey gooey yummmmm
Doesn't it look amazing! It tasted amazing too. Hubby and I are trying to stay (or in my case, get) fit for 2012, but this was too good not to try.

I made some *healthy* modifications to the recipe, as follows:

Instead of ground beef, lean ground turkey
Whole wheat spaghetti (for fiber)
Into the sauce, fresh bell peppers, onions, and chopped frozen spinach (~2/3 box)...veggie power!
Fat-free cream cheese (neuftachel cheese...or something like that)

Ate it for dinner, ate it for lunch, ate it for dinner again, ate it for lunch again...and then it was gone. A sad moment, but the great thing about home cooking, is that you can do it whenever you want!

P.S. Hubby is wonderful because...he always offers to help in the kitchen when I'm cooking, even if he's afraid of the box grater.

No comments:

Post a Comment