Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday Date Night recap...

Well, I intended for this to be a fun little post on what Hubbles and I did last night....because Tuesday is Date Night for us!

Instead, our poor little old cat Morpheus had a blocked urethra, so we rushed him to the vet to have a catheter put in so he could weewee out his peepee. Sigh, poor little guy. He's had a perpetual stream of peepee problems for a few years now, but that can wait for another day.
So I'll recap last week's Date Night instead, because this week's was interrupted and last week was way more fun anyway!

Place: The Metrodome's ROLLERDOME!!
Activity: Rollerblading at various skill levels around the concourse of the metrodome, skate rental included.
Entertaining moments: watching Hubby boogie to the Top 40's music they had blasting as we skated around. Definition of "boogie": butt wiggles and handwaving O.P.P. style until you lose your balance.

It was a blast, we were definitely some of the least talented rollerbladers out there. But our dates usually just end up being a new restaurant (because I really just like to eat a lot), so this was a refreshing change of pace.

Until the next Date Night!

P.S. Hubby is wonderful because...he loves our kitties and worries about them like a parent.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor kitty! I hope he gets better soon!

    Your date night sounded really fun! My boyfriend and I have been wanting to go rollerblading for some time now, but outside, instead of at a rink. I think a rink might be a little more safe, though, since there won't be as many bumps. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern! Morph is going to end up having surgery to remove bladder stones--eek--! But if everything goes well he should be home this weekend. Cross your fingers!

      I really think I might end up killing someone (probably myself) if I rollerblade outside. I tried last summer and met the sidewalk pretty hard on a few occasions. But the scenery is much better so it might be worth it!

      Delete