Monday, January 16, 2012

The beginning of us.

Dear reader (which at this point of my baby blog is just me, but just in case),

The beginning of us..me and the Hubs...started out like many a relationship does in this day and age, with lunch. It progressed to a wonderful and sweet serious relationship, at which point I may offend by telling you that Mike and I lived together for quite a few years before my parents would have approved (i.e. pre-marriage).

Whatever your thoughts on pre-marital cohabitation (or "living in sin" as Ma calls it), I hope you can swallow it and read on. A brave new life started for me and Hubby in September, and this girl wants to share!

So I'm not sure if I was born missing a gene, or if I'm just lazy by nature (both are distinct possibilities)...but I was not excited to plan a wedding. I was (and am) so thrilled and excited to be married to the man I love and continue down the wonderfully complicated path called life with him, but the idea of planning a big wedding (the picking out of flowers, the shopping for invitations, the calling of 6857385 vendors for prices) made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Nonetheless, that's what I did, because my mom wanted a big fancy wedding. I'm not sure if any of you have ever encountered a Korean mother before, but they are some of the most stubborn people on this planet. Especially my mother. What omma wants, omma gets, and so Mike and I razzle-dazzled our way through a glorious fall wedding, with a beautiful venue, dress, and dance party, the likes of which my parents' friends will probably talk about for a few years to come.

All of the wedding planning I did was annoying and frustrating and involved a lot of time over the course of a year that I would have rather spent sleeping, working, watching TV, or going to the optometrist, and I will not pain you with the details. Suffice it to say that it is now over, the wedding was fabulous, and wedded life (for the last 3 months anyhow) has been even better.

Since all of our friends and family ask lately, I will answer to you as well: Married life is great! It's pretty  much the same as unmarried life, since Hubby and I have lived together for 3+ years already, but it was great before, and I am determined that it will continue to be great in the future. Stay tuned!

P.S. Hubby is wonderful because...he does the dishes!

Go Brewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment